It’s time for another current obsessions. This seasons obsession is jumpers and knitwear. I cannot get enough of them. They are like the least flattering item of clothing ever but they are hella comfy. I like to wear oversized jumpers that you can just throw on with a pair of jeans without even thinking about it. My collection of jumpers has become quite substantial and I seem to be accruing another jumper each time I go shopping. I definitely don’t need any more but they always manage to catch my eye. Here’s a look at my most worn jumpers from 2017 so far…
Striped Jumper from H&M (only available in store)
Colour block Jumper from George at Asda
Striped Sport Sweater still available at Pull & Bear here
Black and White Colour block Jumper from Forever 21
Oversized Brown Cable Knit Jumper from Forever 21
I wear these jumpers literally all the time and they are all super comfy and non-itchy. The black and white forever 21 jumper is my absolute favourite and I’m gutted that they don’t have any other colour online for this particular style. It’s a super thick jumper and is a lovely material which has been really lovely to wear through Winter. I’ll no doubt end up buying even more in the next few weeks and months even though it’s getting slightly warmer!
Let me know in the comments where you get your jumpers from!
I’m always on the look out for hidden budget beauty gems and I’m sure I’m not the only one so today I thought I would share with you a couple of beauty discoveries I’ve made in the last few months that are worth your pennies!
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Now the beauty sponge has been around for a couple of years now but for me, this is one of the best budget beauty discoveries that I’ve EVER made. It has completely changed up my makeup routine and the way I apply my makeup. Originally I was really horrified about the idea of applying foundation with a sponge but honestly, this method is revolutionary. It gives you such a flawless base and with such ease. Beauty application for beginners right here.
Seventeen Phwoarr paint and Stay Time Concealer
Seventeen is such an underrated brand! They are stocked in most Boots stores and are incredibly affordable as well as being really bloody good. My favourite finds from them so far is the phwoarr paint under eye concealer which is very heavy duty and hides any bags and dark undereyes. The stay time concealer is also a really good find with a nice creamy consistency and I would say this gives the collection lasting perfection concealer a run for its money!
Makeup Revolution Eye Primer
Now I never used to use eye primer for some unknown reason and yet always cursed the shadow that ended up half way down my face. I received the Makeup revolution eye primer in the most recent advent calendar and have been using this on a daily basis. It has done such a good job of keeping my ABH, MAC and Urban Decay shadows in place when previously they would have quite a bit of fallout. Eye primer is definitely becoming a necessity in my makeup routine.
KIKO Milano Water Eyeshadow
KIKO is another pretty underrated brand that I don’t hear too much about. The products are of varying price and quality but one of the products that I’ve found and loved from them is the water eyeshadow. I have this in the shade 218 Grapefruit Pink and it’s an incredible shimmer coral shade which looks incredible on the lid! They have a ton of different shades and they often have 6 products for the price of 3 which is definitely worth checking out.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
If you haven’t heard of these yet then you must have been living under a rock. They are the must have lip creams from NYX. They have a lovely velvet texture to them and are so easy to apply. They have a matte finish but unlike many lip products, they are not too drying and are pretty long lasting. My personal favourites are Rome and Stockholm (pictured below, left to right).
What is your best budget beauty discovery? Care to share?
Okay, I know strictly this thread is meant to be for 5 products but my god, it’s so hard to narrow down the amount of makeup I put on my face! First world problems, I know. I decided to adapt this to my 6 product face although the liquid eyeliner is completely optional but lord knows I love a big ol’ cat eye. This makeup look is give or take, the sort of look I wear on a daily basis – the sort of makeup look that is dead easy to apply when you are running behind schedule because you snoozed your alarm one too many times…again.
- Foundation The NYX Stay Matte but not flat foundation is super affordable and provides a full coverage with a matte finish. This is a really good foundation if you are in a rush and haven’t the time to set your foundation with a powder. This dries on your skin almost instantly and it gives a high coverage and a solid base. I use the shade ‘Natural’ which is a little darker and more orange toned than most natural shades so it may not be the most suitable for people with fairer skin.
- Bronzer The L’oreal Paris Glam Bronze powder has been a firm favourite of mine for some time now. It’s a perfect bronzer to give you that extra bit of glow without going over the top. It has a natural matte effect and gives you that lovely holiday glow without even leaving the UK. It’s also super long lasting.
- Eyeshadow The Modern Renaissance palette is a firm favourite amongst the blogging community and it is well used by myself on a daily basis. My full review of the palette can be found here. I normally like to use a mixture of the colours but if I’m in a hurry then I will either opt for Raw Sienna or Burnt Orange all over the lid.
- Eyeliner The Kat Von D tattoo liner has been around for ages but it is only a recent discovery for myself. I was a little sceptical of the hype but this is by far the best eyeliner that I’ve ever tried. It applies seamlessly even for the most clumsy of people like me. If you are in a hurry then you can of course skip this step but I am a definite fan of the cat eye look.
- Mascara For me, mascara is an absolute must even if you are having a low key makeup day. It’s the one product that seems to complete any makeup look and I always feel like something is missing without it. The Lash sensational mascara is another must have product. This has definitely changed my makeup game and I have used this every day since I got it for Christmas.
- Lipstick Now I change my lipstick shade more often than my socks so this shade is definitely interchangeable. I love a nude lipstick of which I have many but today I am wearing the Makeup Revolution ‘The One’ lipstick which is a pinky nude shade and is priced at £1! I have also been loving the Toofaced Melted chocolate lipstick in Chocolate Honey.
Which products are in your 6 product face?